A Tenant’s Guide to End of Lease Cleaning
A lot of people in Sydney are moving out for a new fresh start and new perspectives. Moving out is such a thrilling experience because you get to meet new neighbours. The last thing you want to think about when moving out is cleaning your old place.
For those residing in Sydney, end of lease cleaning is a must because your security deposit is tied to leaving your old house
spotless. So, put on your favourite music, smile, and get to work. Here is a comprehensive guideline to end of lease cleaning that will make the task less daunting:
This is the most important, yet the messiest room in the house. Here are cleaning guidelines for the kitchen:
· Start by cleaning the grills, racks, trays, and oven walls. It is recommended that you clean these items without any harsh chemicals that may scrap of their coating. Mix three tablespoons of baking soda and a half a cup of water, and adjust the ratios until you have a smooth paste. This home-made detergent will do the trick for those stubborn stains.
· Next, clean the dishwasher, including its door, filters, and rubbers. For a gleaming dishwasher, shake some baking soda onto a damp cloth and wipe around the door seals and remove any food stains. Also, by adding a small cup of bleach, you will kill all the bacteria and leave your dishwasher sparkling and fresh.
· Remove the stovetop stains and clean them carefully.
· Clean the range hood and wash the filters, and ensure that the overhead light is working properly.
· Clear all the food debris in the skin holes, taps, and plugs. Make your sink sparkle by wiping through with some drops of mineral oil and a sponge.
· Do not forget to clean the rubbish disposals by dropping some slices of lemon and a spoonful of salt and ice cubes. The lemon will deodorise the rubbish bin while the ice and salt will remove all the residue buildup.
· Ensure that you remove all the foods in the refrigerator and freezer, and clean the inside thoroughly.
· Finally, wipe all the surface areas and counter tops.
The bathroom needs special attention because of it delicate and damp nature.
· Start by cleaning and disinfecting the baths, toilets, screens, showers, and basins. To clean your shower heads, fill a plastic bag with a considerable amount of vinegar to immerse the nozzle, and properly tie the bag in place. Leave the nozzle submerged overnight to eliminate any residue buildup.
· For a glass shower door and walls, make a vinegar and baking soda paste and soak the walls and door for about an hour. Wipe through with a damp cloth for a shiny door and walls. Do the same to other tiled surfaces and bench tops.
· A bathroom is a wet place, therefore is no surprise to see mould growing on the ceiling, grout, tiles, and walls. You can remove and disinfect the mould by using bleach and a scrub.
· Polish and dust the toilet roll holder and towel rails. And do not forget about the mirrors, sinks, and taps.
Living room and bedroom
· Many homes in Sydney have the standard size living rooms and bedrooms which make cleaning these rooms less stressful.
· First and foremost, use the vacuum cleaner to remove the dust and debris from the carpet, doors, and window tracks.
· Polish your wooden furniture by using vinegar and a soft cloth. Ensure that you wipe through the fabric of the couch using recommended detergents to redeem its radiance.
· Remove any stains from the walls and floor. For this, you can use sugar soap mixed with warm water and wipe through using a clean cloth or sponge. Do not forget the floor and walls behind the couch, chairs, and cabinet.
This type of cleaning may be a daunting task, especially if you are a first-time mover. But, you wouldn’t want the new occupant of your home to think oddly of you, would you? Moreover, because your security deposit is on the line, you should ensure that you’ve done a superb job.
Alternatively, if you need some urgent cleaning and have no time, then you could seek the services of a professional end of lease cleaning company in Sydney
for quick and top-notch cleaning. Ensure that you ask for the qualification and licenses to ensure that cleaning company will provide quality services. Say goodbye to your old house in style, and enjoy your new home.